What happens when you make New Year’s Resolutions? Do you remember what they were by the end of January? Do you even remember them by the end of the day January 1st? Right; me either.
So to increase our chances of success in the New Year let’s change the rules. Instead of making Resolutions we will more than likely forget, let’s establish a set of New Year’s Restorations; things and relationships in our lives that need to be rebuilt if we are to move through live more smoothly.
- What family members need your silent forgiveness, followed with appropriate expressions of love?
- The same goes for business relationships; that is, if you want your business to thrive next year.
- What parts of your own soul are in need of some repair and restoration?
- Same Four Questions I always raise—
- What one thing needs to change?
- What new thing [or things] needs to be added?
- What present thing(s) needs to go, to be eliminated from your life?
- What needs to be kept, but seriously modified to fit the next you?
- How did you make a difference last year? Keep doing that. You created something
- What were your greatest blunders? Just don’t repeat them again or you will need even more restoration.
- What kind of people do you need more of in your life?
- What kind of people have been a bad influence on you and need to go?
- Do you have a spiritual dimension to your life? If not, why not? God is no human projection.
- Ask, “The One Think I must accomplish in 2016, no matter what, is…?”
It is always good to check-in with yourself on a regular basis. I do it monthly, quarterly, & yearly. When was the last time you put your life through a tune-up?
Restoration is good for every aspect of your life. Get to it.
May this New Year restore your soul…, and so much more,